From water and electricity utilities, to oil and gas companies, ECM and Workflow technology can streamline the operational processes in the energy industry and empower field workers with the necessary information to complete their job, right at their fingertips.
The energy industry is unique in that it requires a high percentage of remote field personnel, all of whom need to submit reports, participate in inspections and installations and activities relating to critical asset management. The right technology with mobile support means workers can capture photographic images for repairs, immediately route the critical information to engineers, quality team and headquarters and inject it directly into the workflow for immediate access by all necessary parties, no matter where they are located.
- Capture and store all information including client information, reports and task logs into a single repository accessible anytime, anywhere
- An enhanced workflow with alert capabilities notify workers to new jobs that need to be competed automatically as they enter the system
- Remote connectivity allows workers to access critical information from the field
- Submit oil well, gas line or water meter inspection report data and documentation directly from the field
- Field calls, process paper and dispatch field workers more efficiently with collaborative tools in the electronic environment
- Remote connectivity allows workers to stay in the field completing value added activities and eliminates need to deliver reports, check in for new jobs or drive back to the home office
- Better manage accounts with a division of assets by linking related owner information, financial data and reports
- Integrate with existing accounting software to extract data from existing applications and bind it to corresponding information in disparate systems
- Collaborate electronically with energy producers, distributors and suppliers for enhanced communication
- Monitor customer payments and receive notifications on pending receivables to expedite reconciliation
- Ensure compliance with specific regulatory requirements related to oversees operations
- Automatically route expense request to appropriate parties for approval or denial
For more of the benefits in Accounting, visit the AP/AR department.
- Organize legal documents, study data and lease information into a single repository for quick search and retrieval
- Create a complete case file for each contract that includes all geological studies, environmental reports, owner information and legal documents
- Coordinate operations, finance and legal to improve management and coordination of contracts, minimizing risk
- Better organize and manage leases due to partial ownership
- Collect environmental studies, site leases, geological studies and all legal documentation related to each particular contract for a comprehensive case folder with all pertinent information
- Handle a larger volume of contracts without additional staffing requirements
- Ensure compliance with contractors, directives, internal controls and regulations